Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 21 - A Lot Like Christmas


I drove by this lot earlier in the evening and it stuck with me, so I made Michael go back with me to take pictures of it when the traffic died down. There is something kind of enchanting about this empty tree lot. The precursor to Christmas, maybe. I don't know. But there are a lot of things I love about this picture, something William Eggleston-esque. It's something I would be proud to put up on the wall in any of the photo classes I took. So while I'm out of practice and standing in the cold isn't quite as much fun as it used to be, I got the shot I set out to get.

1 comment:

  1. When I first saw the thumbnail of this on FB, it made me think of Field of Dreams. When all you see are the lights of the baseball stadium. I thought you would enjoy that it reminded me of your favorite movie :-)

    ReplyDelete