
Ok, so we've learned I'm not a sports photographer. My cousin Ella (center and looking right at her wildly loud cheering section) had her first game today and she scored her first goal! That's her score in the net. She was proud, we were proud, the coach was proud. It was very exciting. The whole thing was kind of fun. I liked getting out in the sun, hanging with my familia and the kids were super cute. Ella's team, the Blue Diamonds, held their own against the Fire Barbies.
Now a fun story about my family. We are a kind of subdued bunch. We laugh, we enjoy each other, but there is no dancing on tables, fights or raucousness of any sort. When I graduated from college, my whole family - and I mean my WHOLE family - came to Las Cruces to see me walk. So as I was sitting on the floor, I kept seeing this wild, waving, LOUD family to my right at the top of the stadium! They were shouting and cheering and I was REALLY jealous, because I was sitting there wishing I had a wild fun family like that. So after it was all over and we were on the big field talking, I said "where were you guys sitting?" and they all looked me like I was smoking crack and my mom said "we were at the end of your row, all the way up...you had to have seen us, we were cheering REALLY loud! You were looking RIGHT AT US!" Um, yeah, that was MY LOUD, cheering, wild family! I was so proud.

Fire Barbies...nice.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are back!
ReplyDelete