Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October - Last Sprinkle of Summer


Sweats and not shorts, the plants are getting ready to hibernate instead of just waking up, but my little guy still loves to get out there and get wet. We can only play for a few minutes because he gets cold, but he enjoys it so much, it would be sad to keep him locked inside. So we play in the water for a few minutes and then hop into a warm shower wash off the chill. He doesn't know it's not summer anymore. Soon we will wrap up the hoses and pull out dried stalks, the grass is already yellow and the flowers are blooming their last blooms, but Owen still loves being outside. I'm hoping he'll want to bundle up and run around in the snow come winter (well, what little snow we get) and he'll be as eager as I am to see the warm golden sunshine of spring return.

1 comment:

  1. I don' know what it is about this picture that I love, maybe the confidence he had striding towards the camera as he hoses himself down? Cool.

    ReplyDelete