Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 29 - Something to Swing About


This is my new favorite picture of my child. It captures everything that he is. Pure joy and light, a little mischief, motion personified. It captures his style at this age - Crocs and sunglasses at all times. He loves sunglasses. He wears them nearly all the time. He puts them on and passes out in his carseat like a college guy who was out too late. He pushes them to the top of his head like he understands how cool that makes him look. He'll even put them on the pack of his neck, which admittedly I taught him, but who would have thought he'd think THAT was hot. I love love love this age. He's stubborn and always moving and ALWAYS into SOMETHING. But he's funny and creative and so very full of life. He's all about learning new things - like swinging! And I love to see how his little mind works. He's a problem solver, and a copy cat. He overcomes fear and I am always moved just watching him steel himself for something new and scary, or to try again when he's fallen down. He's amazing. I know, we all think that as parents...and it's true, each of our little beings is just amazing to watch as they learn and grow and become who they will be.

2 comments: