Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 30 - Just One Hutch in My Plan


So I bought a hutch. A really nice, super reasonably priced hutch. A beautiful cherry wood solid hutch. I wanted to paint it white to go in my house. Turns out it's an ANTIQUE hutch. A COLLECTIBLE ANTIQUE hutch. Can't paint it. Doesn't go in my house.

I contacted a guy in Kentucky who sells this particular brand. I sent him some pictures to see what he thinks it's worth. Never heard back from him. Pretty sure right now he's trying to find out where I live so he can come steal my priceless antique hutch. Good thing it's heavy...very very heavy. Or it's worthless and answering my email wasn't worth his time. Probably the latter.

I sometimes feel like I'm on my own reality show. And not like a good one where smart people are seen doing smart things. I'm like what happens if you drop Kim Kardashian in a normal life. There's a lot of scratching my head and going ... how did I end up here?

4 comments:

  1. looks gorgeous... doesn't go anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't live so far away I'd consider taking it off your hands (the hutch Marlene gave us that used to house Jim's Pepsi collection is ok, but I'm just not loving it). Where'd you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we're very attached to it now. It's a story now. And we still like it, it's just not what we thought we were buying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. We got at Furniture on Consignment.

    ReplyDelete