Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week 2 - Backyard or Bust


My cousin is expecting twins. She's in for an adventure. And I was so proud and honored that she let me be a part of it by shooting some maternity pictures for her. It was a challenge. She's on bedrest, so we had to stay close to home ... which meant ... home. I'm not a lithe as I used to be, which is saying a lot because if there's one thing I'm generally not it's "lithe." My kid was running around, her husband was brewing beer, her kids were running around, the DOG was running around...it was wild, but you'd never know it to see the serene look on her face here. I think she was thinking "come out, come out whoever you are!" We are all very excited to meet the new babies and I'm excited to share her pictures with her.

5 comments:

  1. She looks gorgeous! Carm - I really think you should consider going pro. You're such a talented photographer. You seem to be able to bring out the best in your subjects and can make the most of any environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Maybe someday when I feel like "damn, I'm good" instead "damn, I got lucky with this one." I think it still feel like it's a fluke instead of a skill...although with all of the classes I've taken, I know intellectually I know what I'm doing, now it's about convincing the rest of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The convincing of self continues. Sometimes photography is an act of faith. Trust your instincts.

    Nice image. She looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may never feel the 'damn, I'm good' feeling to your toes but that doesn't mean you aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You would never know everyting going on in the background when looking at this picture. It's just her and her babies.

    ReplyDelete