Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 21 - You Are My Sunshine


This spring and summer have been ... windy and smokey. The usual clear sky with still, hot days are non-existent. Smoke from the Arizona fires settle over the city at night. My house is the only thing that blocks the wind as it picks up speed rolling in from Grants. It's been anything but "summer." And then my husband showed up with an armload of sunflowers to brighten my days ... and they worked.

I love this photo. It reminds me of the photos I see on Mockingbird or by Susannah Conway (who left a comment on my Week 18 post, thrilling me to no end! It's like a rock star came to see my garage band play). I might have to make a print and hang in my house, keeping the photo high and the romantic gesture close at hand...and heart.

2 comments:

  1. That's how I feel when you like one of my pictures. Glad something that wonderful happened to you. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture, love the light! And very sweet of M to bring you flowers to brighten your days!

    ReplyDelete