
Making friends as an adult is hard. I might even say that you don't make lifelong bosom friends as an adult. Those are friendships formed in high school and college filled with innocence and boozy fuzzy memories. I think couple friends are arguably the hardest friends to make. You like her, but the guys don't click. The guys are pals, but she's ... eh or sometimes worse than eh. Both Michael and I have LOTS of old friends. Friends who live far, far away. I have a few girl friends I do girl things with. I still really miss my old high school and college friendships, but I'm working on being open to new friends ... new friends with spouses. And I'm thrilled that M and I have found a couple of couple friends who are fun to be with. The best part is that we can all hang out together. And while neither of them have kids...yet...they are great with my kids so we don't feel like the "kid people" weighing down the fun. We went to a baseball game with our couple of couple friends, and then we went to the fair. And it was fun! It was fun to be out with FRIENDS. I didn't even realize how much I missed being with people I'm not related to (not that I don't love our families, but it's nice to spend time with new people. It adds dimension). I look forward to more couple-friend adventures. And who knows, someday we might even start hosting BBQs or just inviting people over to watch the game or play cards...you know, the stuff people with friends do.

nice shot
ReplyDeleteThis is a great picture! I just love the color of the sky. And yay for couple friends! I agree, it's hard to make lifelong friends as an adult but you need friends just to hang out with.
ReplyDeleteLove it! We had fun too! & we love cards & BBQ's...I wish we lived closer so we could invite everyone to our place.
ReplyDeleteAwesome picture and too true musing. In the 7 years that I've been in Sacramento I've made one good friend plus some casual church friends. I'm not counting friends I "inherited" when I met Mike.
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome picture! A truly "New Mexican" sky! You are so talented!
ReplyDeleteI agree about the friend thing. I have made a few lifelong friends as an adult, but not many, and really no "couple" friends. I wish you and M lived closer.
Love you "old" friend!