I read a book on numerology and horoscopes, and no matter how many different incarnations of "me" I looked at, there always one thing that caught my eye: You defy authority. And I do. Even in knitting. I have used ONE pattern since learning to knit. It wasn't fun, so I haven't done it again. I make up my own patterns. I'm a rogue knitter. But the other thing I know about myself is that I need to be challenged ... so I gave myself a blanket-pattern challenge. I'm following a simple pattern and I'm very excited about the burgeoning project. Can't wait to see how it turns out ... I might be a pattern convert.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
March 20 - The Start of Something New
I read a book on numerology and horoscopes, and no matter how many different incarnations of "me" I looked at, there always one thing that caught my eye: You defy authority. And I do. Even in knitting. I have used ONE pattern since learning to knit. It wasn't fun, so I haven't done it again. I make up my own patterns. I'm a rogue knitter. But the other thing I know about myself is that I need to be challenged ... so I gave myself a blanket-pattern challenge. I'm following a simple pattern and I'm very excited about the burgeoning project. Can't wait to see how it turns out ... I might be a pattern convert.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm a pattern follower, and a recipe follower. What does that say about me? :-) Can't wait to see your next project! I'm blocking my scarf today and starting on washcloths for Baby Z.
ReplyDeleteI need to tuck ends on my last blanket and mail it ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't know...are a you a rule follower too?
ooh, I'm excited :-)
ReplyDeleteI would like to think I'm not but truth is that I probably am.
Love the photo, and can't wait to see how it turns out!
ReplyDeleteThanks, it's coming out pretty cool, but kind of small. I hope my friend has a small baby, because if she pops out a 9 pounder, it's just not gonna cover. I followed the instructions, I guess it's supposed to be small?
ReplyDelete