Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8 - I'm Overthinking, Aren't I?


I'm still trying to find my visual voice. I love a vintage, grainy, filmlike feel, but I'm just not sure how that fits in with what I see. So I thought I'd take an uncomplicated (but visually pleasing) image and see if I could make it look like it looks in my head when I take it. And I did...sort of. This has the dreamy filmlike aesthetic that I like...I'm just not sure it's "me." I want my images to start feeling like a body of work rather than a collection of random images.

Sorry I'm making you sit through my self-sorting process.

2 comments:

  1. I think your work does feel like a collection. It's "you" because you're taking the picture and it's through your eye. I understand why you want to experiment but don't discount the beautiful pictures you've already taken this year. To me, they are Carm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it...try this: pick your five all-time favorite photos (don't overthink it, just pick them). Then write a list of adjectives to describe them (and if you're brave, ask your friends to describe them as well). If you see any similar adjectives, that might help define your "style" a little...

    ReplyDelete