Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26 - Here's Looking At You, Kid


All these funny little creatures have invaded my house. I used to be so conscious about what I brought in, what the aesthetic of our home was going to be. Now I have a Glow Worm that turns up in every room; a wandering Pooh; and Nixon, the blue elephant, who stares at me from this crib or that bed. I have brightly colored toys that migrate from here to there and back again. I trip over books and rings and plastic keys. It sounds like a complaint, but I really do find it amusing. I think they are cute, I love to play. I can't wait until we are making craft projects and building towers out of Legos. Right now it's a matter of putting the walrus in the box and taking him out and flinging him to see how he bounces, but someday all too soon all these things will be put away and it will be giant sneakers and backpacks and books. So right now I cherish all these brightly colored little faces and the bright little face that gets so much enjoyment out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment