Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 19 - Purple Mountain Majesty


Driving to the grocery store, I passed the new park in progress and noticed how gorgeous the mountains looked. Admittedly, I take those mountains for granted. They stand guard over the city day after day, and I'm just used to having them there. We got a little snow in the mountains, giving the skiers something to smile about, but it was a crisp clear day down in the city.

I drew a little attention with my camera. The park construction foreman came over to see what I was taking pictures of. He tried to act unconcerned, but something tells me he was making sure I wasn't taking pictures of the construction and the park-to-be. Now, if I had one reporter bone in my body, I would wonder what he was worried about and start to investigate...but...I don't. So I just smiled and talked about the mountains and went on my merry way.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It almost looks fake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am so jealous, Carm. Can I come live in your garage? Please? I miss them soooooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure c'mon over! bring the girls. we'll start our own mountain-loving commune in 'burbs. it'll be fun.

    ReplyDelete