Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30 - The Cult of Domesticity


On Saturday nights, I knit with a friend. She doesn't know this, and I don't tell her because I'm afraid to creep her out, but I look forward to it all week and I feel sad when we don't get together. These Saturday night outings have saved my sanity and probably my child and husband on more than one occasion.

We are regulars in the coffee shop and there are others like us. There is the business man who was on a first date with a nuclear physicist or something a couple of weeks ago. He met her online. And tonight, the nerdy divorced guy who was talking about watching "The Bachelor" and how great being married is. I'm sure they both talk about the two knitters who talk about husbands and babies.

And since my friend let me use her in my photo, I will plug her sewing blog.

6 comments:

  1. hello, ladies. :)

    I really enjoyed today's commentary... a peek into your evening.

    shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, damn, that mojito lemonade was good. I can't quit dreaming of it.

    I have fun, too. I look forward to it a lot as a low-key way to get out of the house. It's often the only relaxation time I get all week, with work and the blog and housework and errands and pregnancy and exercise and doctor's appointments ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I just started knitting - maybe meeting with a fellow knitter would help keep me on track! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen you are welcome to join us! We are off the map next week and the one after, but we're back on track in 3 weeks. Would you like to come?

    Robyn is an expert knitter and I'm a serviceable knitter, it will be fun to add another person to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to come! I don't think I could do every Saturday night - that's usually date night with my hubby, but maybe I could swing one here or there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great! I'll shoot you and email with details when we set our next knit night. Count on about 3 weeks. :) I'm excited to meet you.

    ReplyDelete