
It was a bad day. There was ice cream.
I hate our silverware. We picked this beautiful, nicely weighted, appropriately priced silverware for our wedding. We spent days picking up spoons and knives to see how they felt in our hands. We spent days finding a set that would feed our future babies and not impale the roofs of their tiny little mouths. We planned dinner parties and Thanksgivings and games of spoons around this silverware. No one got it for us. Well...almost no one. My mother-in-law gave us two place settings...yeah, that's it. But that's a rant for another day. This is gonna sound ungrateful (and I'm really not ungrateful because I USE this silverware and I appreciate the thought and love with which the gift was given) but my aunt got us this entire set of silverware that "looked like the one you picked, but it was cheaper" ... and I hate it. The back of the spoons, forks and knives weigh more than the front so they are always flipping out of our hands and off our plates. The spoons are HUGE, I mean like for giants...fee-fi-fo-fum giants. I always say we should just get a set we love, but there is always something higher on the priority list. So we have this silverware that I hate and have complained about for ... almost four years. I blurred out the face of the spoon, so it can remain anonymous. It would be a shame for the silicone baby spoons to mock it in the drawer.

LOL! Anonymous!!! ROFL!
ReplyDeleteDo like the shot. Got me to read.
I wasn't sure if anyone was reading anymore, so I started to amuse myself...I'm glad I amused you, too :)
ReplyDelete