Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25 - Counting My Blessings


Owen LOVES my mom. They have the best time together. He loves to give her wet, drooly kisses ... and she loves to get them. He brings out a softer, sillier side of her and it's fun to watch.

Tonight I found out that a distant cousin's 4-year-old daughter died. My heart is broken for her. My little boy was a total pill all evening, but I just want to keep holding him close and hearing him laugh and fighting for the remote with him and letting him know every second how much I love him.

4 comments:

  1. This picture is precious. You should frame it and give it to your Mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine the loss of a child. I've woken my kids up in the middle of the night to cuddle with them after hearing stories of people losing their children. It is such a good reminder of what treasures we have, isn't it? So sorry about your friend! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. J: My mom wants one. She hadn't seen the picture, but was walking by and said "is that ME?!"

    E: I've been clingy with Owen all day. He's a little "mom get off me already." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carm, you have a good perspective on life ... and it's coming through in your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete