I teamed up with Ellen Benson to spice up this project. We gave each other challenges for the week. Her challenge to me is: convey motion.
This a fountain against a NM sky background. I love to shoot water, but it just never quite goes how it looks in my head. Shooting this was like trying to ride a basket toss in cheerleading (something I only tried once because I was really bad at it). You have to find the millisecond where the momentum changes from going up to going down. In photography, unlike in cheerleading, you can just keep shooting until you happen upon that point on accident. In cheerleading, you hit the floor a lot or you kick your bases until you get it. Photography is less painful...most of the time.
And keeping up with a promise to find new inspiration, I happened up on this site through a blog I was reading. Manjari Sharma's Shower Series is intimate and beautiful and revealing without ever showing anything that would make it salacious. It's sheer beauty. I hope you'll take a look.

I love shooting water too. I tried to catch the raindrops yesterday and it wasn't working out the way I saw in my head. But I did like the shot I got.
ReplyDeleteI really like this one..the clear water against the beautiful blue sky! I think I'm going to the flashlight challenge tonight.
I love it! :)
ReplyDelete