It was date night...no, no, not like that. It was GIRL DATE NIGHT! I went to dinner, and Sex and the City 2 with my cousin. We haven't hung out like that in ... eons. The last time I remember us taking the town by storm, I came home with a tattoo that she paid for with her high school graduation money. The time before that we both got grounded by her dad because I put eyeliner on her to take pictures at the mall...I was 17 and she was 14; it was tasteful. Needles to say we weren't allowed to hang out that often. But, we always have fun together. We sat 2nd row for a Garth Brooks concert in 1996. We dated a couple of brothers, thankfully briefly, in 1995 ... and 1998. Different brothers. She is my child's godmother and really the closest thing I have to a sister. We weren't allowed to make trouble when we were kids and we're much to told to set the world ablaze these days, but a little girl time is nice. She knows my entire history and I know hers. I remember sitting in the waiting room the day she was born while everyone went up to see her. I saw her first baby hours after she was born, and she was so cute I cried. She was the very first person who wasn't in the labor room to hold my baby. That's a lot of good history. But tonight, it was dinner and a movie. Chitchat and laughter about in-laws, being adults and dealing with our parents, husbands husbands husbands, and, of course, the kiddos. We need to do it more often.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
May 30 - Dinner and a Movie
It was date night...no, no, not like that. It was GIRL DATE NIGHT! I went to dinner, and Sex and the City 2 with my cousin. We haven't hung out like that in ... eons. The last time I remember us taking the town by storm, I came home with a tattoo that she paid for with her high school graduation money. The time before that we both got grounded by her dad because I put eyeliner on her to take pictures at the mall...I was 17 and she was 14; it was tasteful. Needles to say we weren't allowed to hang out that often. But, we always have fun together. We sat 2nd row for a Garth Brooks concert in 1996. We dated a couple of brothers, thankfully briefly, in 1995 ... and 1998. Different brothers. She is my child's godmother and really the closest thing I have to a sister. We weren't allowed to make trouble when we were kids and we're much to told to set the world ablaze these days, but a little girl time is nice. She knows my entire history and I know hers. I remember sitting in the waiting room the day she was born while everyone went up to see her. I saw her first baby hours after she was born, and she was so cute I cried. She was the very first person who wasn't in the labor room to hold my baby. That's a lot of good history. But tonight, it was dinner and a movie. Chitchat and laughter about in-laws, being adults and dealing with our parents, husbands husbands husbands, and, of course, the kiddos. We need to do it more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment