I learned a new skill...and I'm way proud. To say "new" is kind of misleading, I guess I RELEARNED a skill. In college, I sewed more than my fair share of little sister pillows around my sorority house, but I haven't really done anything since then. So I busted out my brand new sewing machine that I bought 3 years ago in a "I must have a sewing machine RIGHT NOW" moment, and I busted out a few gifts for an upcoming baby shower. And it was EASY. So for my breeding friends from here on out, sorry, no knitted blankets for you. Those friends will get gifts that are made quickly, but with an equal amount of love sewn in. And who knows, now I might knit something for myself...or sew something for myself. I know, I know, crazy talk.
Friday, May 21, 2010
May 21 - Stay Inside the Lines
I learned a new skill...and I'm way proud. To say "new" is kind of misleading, I guess I RELEARNED a skill. In college, I sewed more than my fair share of little sister pillows around my sorority house, but I haven't really done anything since then. So I busted out my brand new sewing machine that I bought 3 years ago in a "I must have a sewing machine RIGHT NOW" moment, and I busted out a few gifts for an upcoming baby shower. And it was EASY. So for my breeding friends from here on out, sorry, no knitted blankets for you. Those friends will get gifts that are made quickly, but with an equal amount of love sewn in. And who knows, now I might knit something for myself...or sew something for myself. I know, I know, crazy talk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love! That is all.
ReplyDeleteGreat picture! Did you only use the sewing light as your light source?
ReplyDeleteKnit something for yourself?! What a concept :-)
Thanks J girls!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I used the machine light as the source.
I know right. Crazy talk!
Oooh, I like that one. And I can't wait to see what you make - maybe we should drag our sewing machines to Satellite - ha! ;)
ReplyDeleteI was making hooded towels for Robyn. And that would be awesome. I'm not sure what they would do if we started plugging in sewing machines everywhere.
ReplyDeletegreat DoF and detail! I love how the red ball stands out so prominently.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rob! I love it when images come out the way they look in my head!
ReplyDelete