I never realized how much of our life happens in our bed. Sure there's ... that. But it's also where we read, where we cuddle, where Owen plays and often ends up in the middle of the night or early morning because sleep outweighs good parenting habits. Our bed is the place where we tell tales of our days and greet each morning - sometimes with open arms, sometimes by burrowing under the covers. It's the place where we vowed to never go mad, but let's face it, two grumpy people on no sleep never solves anything. I bought that bed when I started working. It was my big-girl bed. We've been through 3 different sets of mattresses in 5 years because we can't find the right ones. I woke up in a pool of my own blood during a miscarriage in that bed and it's the bed where Michael and I have spent countless hours marveling at the little person we created. Oh, if that bed could talk, the stories of novels and lovers and late-night phone conversations and dust bunnies underneath it would tell.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
May 22 - Late-Night Reader
I never realized how much of our life happens in our bed. Sure there's ... that. But it's also where we read, where we cuddle, where Owen plays and often ends up in the middle of the night or early morning because sleep outweighs good parenting habits. Our bed is the place where we tell tales of our days and greet each morning - sometimes with open arms, sometimes by burrowing under the covers. It's the place where we vowed to never go mad, but let's face it, two grumpy people on no sleep never solves anything. I bought that bed when I started working. It was my big-girl bed. We've been through 3 different sets of mattresses in 5 years because we can't find the right ones. I woke up in a pool of my own blood during a miscarriage in that bed and it's the bed where Michael and I have spent countless hours marveling at the little person we created. Oh, if that bed could talk, the stories of novels and lovers and late-night phone conversations and dust bunnies underneath it would tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this post! As you can probably tell from the pictures on our blog, a lot of the wonderful moments in our lives happen in our bed too! It's amazing how one rectangular piece of furniture can bring a whole family together! Thanks for putting these thoughts out there - I really relate!!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture but love the post more.
ReplyDelete