
I did a maternity/belly pics shoot for a friend I've known since she was 16. She and her husband waited and waited and waited and FINALLY this baby decided to join them. I'm so excited for them and to express that excitement, like the little drummer boy that I am, I played my proverbial drum. So here's a picture from the shoot. I'm probably gonna post them all week because I have a zillion to go through and edit. I took 360 ... that's like a picture a day, right?
And now you get to weigh in. The above picture is edited but not really "treated" ... and the picture below has a vintage filter. Since I've only edited this one picture, I'm curious what you think about the filter vs the nonfilter. Of course there is the "give her both" option and that's probably what I will end up doing, but what do YOU think? Is the vintage wash to 2010 photos what acid wash was to '80s jeans?

love the photo, Carmela! I like the vintage look, and agree - I think it's best used sparingly. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love looking at your pictures!
ReplyDeleteIn this case, i like the "unwashed" version better, though i am usually a fan of the vintage look.
PS - I think it's because of the sky. In the 1st photo the sky is blue, happy sunny day, and in the 2nd it's pink/grey, so it looks like a cloudy boring day.
ReplyDeleteFirst, gorgeous picture - I wish you would have taken some of me when I was pregnant with Jack-Jack. Second, I'm not a super fan of the vintage wash. Your pictures thrive in the light that you find, and the vintage wash undermines that considerably. Just my 2 cents. Love you!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the rest! Why were you nervous?! :-)
ReplyDeleteThe vintage filter makes the tractor and sky muted...so I like the unedited version. It may work on other pictures you took but I prefer the unedited of this one.
I like the untreated version much better, like most people it's because of the sky. Being from LA, the vintage look looks like you perfectly captured the smog :p
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies.
ReplyDeleteEr - You know, I didn't even think about it or I would have done it for you when you were home for Xmas. That does it, you're gonna have to have one more baby :)
JZ - Dunno. Because it's someone's MOMENT and if I f'ed it up there's no fixing it. How do you say "I know this is your baby and all, but I totally jacked up your pictures." Terrifying!!!
Julie - Even in LA, the sky isn't pink ;)
It's an awesome picture and I think they both totally work. I love the brightness of the colors in the first one. But the vintage filter really works with the tractor.
ReplyDelete